WIOA Training Scholarships
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Training scholarships help those who qualify obtain a credential or certification that can help lead to a career in one of the in-demand industries such as healthcare, hospitality, construction, information technology, and business management.
We are currently looking for people to train in these high demand / high wage occupations:
- General & Operations Managers
- Dental Assistants
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Software Developers, Applications
- Web Developers
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Paralegals & Legal Assistants
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
— 18 years of age or older
— Authorized to work in the US?
— Registered for selective service (males born after 1959 only; males born during or before 1959 and females, please select “N/A”); check registration at https://www.sss.gov
— Do you meet any one of the following:
- … Temporarily or permanently laid off due to COVID.
- … Unemployed six out of the past 13 weeks.
- … Dependent spouse of a military member on active duty whose income was reduced due to: deployment, permanent change of station, or service-connected death or disability of that person.
- … Receiving or have exhausted unemployment benefits and are unable to find job in your last occupation.
- … Laid off but not eligible for unemployment benefits and are unable to find a job in your last occupation.
- … Received a notice of termination from your current employer due to company closure.
- … Self-employed and now unemployed due to economic conditions or a natural disaster.
- … No longer able to depend on the income of a family member.
How to Apply…
If you believe you are eligible for a Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Training Scholarship then complete the scholarship application with CareerSource PBC by following the steps below:
2) Go to CareerSource Pre-screen link and follow the steps: https://www.careersourcepbc.com/job-seekers/training-opportunities.
You will be asked to provide documentation that verifies the qualifying requirement which may include, but not be limited to:
- Driver’s License or State Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service Registration
- DD 214 with honorable discharge (for consideration of priority of service)
- Unemployment Insurance if a state other than Florida
- Layoff notice, if applicable
- Pay stubs
- Up-to-date resume (YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR RESUME OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE INCOMPLETE, WILL BE CLOSED, AND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION)
Once you have completed ALL the above steps and provided all the required documentation you will receive a confirmation email from CareerSource. Forward the confirmation email to Techni-Pro Institute’s Admissions Department, firstname.lastname@example.org and an Admissions Rep will follow up with you within 48 hours.
Thank you and Good Luck!